Why is Argyll asking me to provide compliance documentation?

As a ‘trust or corporate service provider’ we are registered for supervision with HMRC under the Money Laundering Regulations. Argyll is required to adhere to The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (MLR2017).  In addition where we are deemed to be forwarding mail we must adhere to the London Local Authorities Act 2007 s75 (LLA 2007).

Why can you not accept documentation from Companies House?

Companies House explicitly state that they do not verify any of the details that are filed with them. Therefore, we ask for the details shown at Companies House to be verified via a second source.

Why do you need documentation from me, I am a current client with you?

As part of our ongoing monitoring process, we expect all our customers to provide us with updated documents as things change or on an annual basis. If there have been no amendments to the information we hold on file we can accept uncertified documentation but is required to be dated within the last 3 months. (Please note uncertified company documents are only applicable to UK incorporated entities and case by case).

Why do you need the documentation certified?

This is to verify the details as required by our regulator to ensure we are compliant with GDPR in ensuring the information we hold is correct.

What do you mean by ‘certified by a regulated professional’?

The documents need to be certified by a person who is regulated individually by a professional body, for example an Accountant or Solicitor.

How do you want the documents to be certified?

The regulated professional will need to take a copy of the original document and then to certify the document as follows:

  • Either a stamp or writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the copy of the document.
  • Signing and dating the certification
  • Printing their name
  • Adding their occupation and contact details

Further details can be found at here.

What document can I provide for proof of registered address?

The document is required to be dated within the last 3 months and can be in the form of a utility bill, current account bank statement or a letter from HMRC. Alternatively, we can accept a letter on letter headed paper from the company Accountants to confirm the registered address. Please note that we cannot accept Invoices to meet this requirement, unless the invoice is from the registered address provider clearly stating the charges for the month of the use of the registered address.

What document can I provide for proof of principle place of business?

The document is required to be dated within the last 3 months and can be in the form of a utility bill, current account bank statement or a letter from HMRC. If you are currently working remotely from home, a document showing your residential address can be used to meet this requirement.

Why can’t I use your office address as my principle place of business?

If your company is not linked to a current residential member and you do not have an unlimited membership, it is deemed that you do not have a physical presence in one of our buildings. We would need to understand where the day to day running of your business takes place. If you work from home, please advise accordingly.

Why am I receiving an email from Remote Verify and what does it mean?

The email from Remote Verify contains a link to the ID Verification process, in which you will be required to upload your Photo ID, proof of home address, and complete a ‘liveness’ check. The ID Verification process allows you to provide your ID documentation in a secure way for us to meet our regulatory obligations of identifying and verifying our clients.

When do I need to provide ID documentation?

The ID documentation needs to be provided when actioning the email from Remote Verify through the ID Verification link. The invite will come from Remoteverify@Remote.Northrow.com

Why can’t you accept a credit card statement or a mobile phone bill for proof of my home address?

As per the UK Governments site we cannot accept the above-mentioned documents for proof of home address as they do not consider these documents to be an acceptable proof.

Why do I need to provide answers to the nature of business section about my ‘client base’ and ‘how I obtain clients’?

This is to enable us to create a risk appetite for our overall business and to build customer profiles accordingly.

What do I need to provide for the ‘attach supporting document section’?

This section is there should you feel that you would like to provide additional documentation or information. It is not a required field.

Why do you need further documentation from me during my business relationship with you?

We are required to undertake ongoing monitoring of our clients during the business relationship and are alerted to any changes to your business which are on a public record.

What do you mean by ownership/shareholding structure’?

We need to understand who owns and controls your business through the ownership diluted to any individual who owns more than 25% of the business or until a natural beneficial owner is identified.

Why do you need the names and addresses of people receiving post?

We are required under the London Local Authorities Act 2007 s75 (LLA2007) to have on file the following: ‘the full name, address and telephone number of every person for whom post is received.’

What are the different options for mail handling?

Post can be scanned to an email, collected by a nominated individual, or forwarded to a selected address. Please note that we are required to identify and verify the individual to whom post is scanned to and the individual who will be collecting post. With regards to forwarding post to a selected address, if this is a different address to the registered address, principle place of business or a director or Shareholder we will require a document dated within the last 3 months and certified to verify this address. If the post is being forwarded to an individual that is different to the Director or Shareholder we are required to identify and verify this individual.